Sunday, April 7, 2013

My lesson on earthquakes went pretty well.
The students that I taught were wonderful to work with. They seemed to really enjoy the activity. They were engaged in the process pretty much the whole time.
I think they really enjoyed building their own structures to see if they could withstand a simulated earthquake.
The regular classroom teacher was able to circulate and help as needed which was an added plus. I'm glad that there was enough time for the students to comment on the activity afterwards, but as always, I was crunched for time!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mike,

    I haven't read your lesson plan and reflection yet, but I am glad the students were engaged! I hope that some of the structures were at least partially resistant to the simulated earthquake :) --Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great Mike! I love when I have an opportunity to co-teach. Two teachers in one room for a lesson is awesome. I'm sure students were excited to build their own structure. You incorporated STEM!

    ReplyDelete